Our sea survival training courses are held at National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College in Gravesend. Using real life maritime rescue aids and devices, the indoor swimming pool becomes the hub for the sea survival training.
- Once you’re into the water, you’ll get to experience the leading maritime facilities we have to offer including:
- A wind turbine model piece designed to simulate transition
- Platforms to replicate abseiling and jumping into water
- Electric winch to simulate helicopter rescue
- Real life rafts
- The pool is 25m x 8m with a depth of 3.8m in the deep end
- The platform is 3.6m from the water for water entry from height and with the ladder also doubles as the climbing tower for vessel transfers
- The sprinkler system allows realistic rain for use during survival courses and the electric winch allows simulation of helicopter recovery from the water or a life raft.