Cost Per Person: £225 + VAT
Duration: 1 Day
This course is designed to meet the moral and legal obligation of the employer with regard to the detailed examination of personal fall protection equipment. Successful completion of this training, along with the suitable authority from the individuals company, will qualify an individual as ‘competent’ to inspect personal fall protection equipment in the work place, acting as the company’s ‘Competent Person’.
The course focuses on the inspection of harnesses, lanyards, self-retracting lifelines and anchor strops.
This course is recommended for persons who have responsibility for the formal examination of personal fall protection equipment within their company.
Successful completion of this training, along with suitable authority from the individuals company, will qualify an individual as competent to inspect PFPE in the work place, fulfilling the role of ‘Competent Person’.
To provide the individual with the technical and practical knowledge to identify damage to personal fall protection equipment, the danger that damage forms, how to deal with damaged equipment and how to record your findings.
Duration: 1 day
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1 : 8 (max)
Certificate Validity: 3 years
This syllabus is designed to enable delegates to:
- Understand the general Health & Safety duties of employers and employees in the workplace.
- Understand & explain the relevant parts of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and other legislation & guidance related to work at height equipment and inspection.
- Understand the fundamental principles of fall protection, including the individual ‘hierarchy of control.’
- Understand and recognise the damage that can occur to personal fall protection equipment and the danger created by this damage.
- Complete individual inspections of PFPE, logging and recording results.
- Understand how to care and maintain PFPE.
- Understand how to dispose of damaged equipment in a safe manner.
PFPE Inspection - Competent Person
This course is designed to meet the moral and legal obligation of the employer with regard to the detailed examination of Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) in the work place.
PFPE Inspection - Advanced
An advanced version of our 1 day inspection course designed to meet the moral and legal obligation regarding the detailed examination of Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) with the addition of more technical height safety and rescue equipment, including rope access PPE.