All personnel participating in Safety Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will be required to sign a statement stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol.
First Aid at Work
Qualsafe Awards Approved
Cost Per Person: £135.00 + VAT
Duration: 3 Days
Our First Aid at Work course is fully approved by Qualsafe Awards and taught by expert instructors with real experience and can be carried out at our training facility in Kent in the South East of the UK or at your site if the facilities are suitable. Cost for training at your site may vary.
The aim of this course is to give delegates the required knowledge and skills to administer safe and effective First Aid in their working environment in line with UK & European Resuscitation Council guidelines
There is no prior learning required but students should be medically fit to carry out any of the techniques required.
Duration: 3 days
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:8 (max)
Certificate Validity: 3 years
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements and UK & European Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to: – the importance of preventing cross-infection; – the need for recording incidents and actions; – use of available equipment;
- Assess a situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator
- Administer first aid to a casualty:
- who is choking
- who is wounded and bleeding
- who is suffering from shock
- with a chest injury
- with burns and scalds
- with an eye injury
- suffering from sudden poisoning
- suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Provide appropriate first aid for injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
GWO First Aid - Enhanced
3-day Enhanced First Aid Training Course for working in the wind turbine industry. Approved by the Global Wind Organisation.
GWO First Aid - Full Course
2-day First Aid Training Course for working in the wind turbine industry. Approved by the Global Wind Organisation.
GWO First Aid - Refresher
1-day First Aid Refresher Training Course for working in the wind turbine industry. Approved by the Global Wind Organisation.
Emergency First Aid at Work - Qualsafe Awards Approved
For administering basic lifesaving First Aid in the workplace
First Aid at Work - Qualsafe Awards Approved
For administering safe and effective First Aid in the workplace
First Aid at Work - Annual Refresher
For refreshing knowledge and skills for administering safe and effective First Aid in the workplace
First Aid at Work Requalification
For refreshing knowledge and skills previously learned on a First Aid at Work Course, for administering safe and effective First Aid in the workplace