12th November 2020
LOCKDOWN UPDATE – WE’RE STILL TRAINING!
HART; Statement on Coronavirus (Covid-19) as of 05/11/2020
HART continue to run Instructor lead training courses
With the introduction of the new ‘lockdown’ measures announced by the government beginning on the 05 November, HART would like to notify our current and potential new customers, that we continue to run our full portfolio of training courses at our training centre in Sheerness. Extra precautions remain in place around Covid-19 as set out below.
HART can also confirm that GWO Sea Survival courses, run in conjunction with our training partner Maritime Skills Academy, continue to take place.
Should you require training to be delivered on your site, please contact HART in the first instance to discuss. HART will need to take into account your onsite Covid control measures as well as the rate of Covid infections in your local area before a decision is made to deliver the training.
HART are committed to the safety of our delegates whilst attending training, and have therefore put into place the following control measures to reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19:
- Planning for the delivery of regular training courses from 18 May 2020 – please see our online calendar for course dates and availability.
- Delegates will be required to complete a short medical questionnaire at the time of booking*.
- Reduction of delegate numbers by up to 50% per course to help with social distancing and increased hygiene measures.
- All delegates are required to wear face coverings prior to entering the training centre and whilst moving around inside the venue.
- On entering the training centre delegates will be advised to check in using the NHS test and trace app.
- All delegates and HART employees are required to cleanse their hands on entering the training centre.
- Temperature checks of each delegate will be conducted on arrival.
- Additional washing of hands throughout the day will be enforced.
- Regular cleaning of shared surfaces and door handles takes place throughout the day.
- Delegates, for the foreseeable future, will be required to provide their own packed lunch as required.
- All training equipment used by delegates will be cleaned before and after use.
- Should you develop the symptoms for COVID-19, up to two weeks on completion of training, you are to inform HART, so they can inform other delegates who attended the same course of the situation.
*Please do NOT book or attend training if you are displaying any of the signs of COVID-19 (the Course Instructor will refuse entry onto the course if they suspect a delegate is ill).
Please be aware that should the government advice, on the date that your course is due to commence, change, and we can no longer deliver training face to face, your course will be postponed, possibly at short notice.
HART will of course reschedule your training for the earliest opportunity, again in line with Government advice at the time.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility during these uncertain times.
Phil Rashbrook (Director of Training)