28th September 2016
GWO Launch WINDA Database
On October 17, 2016, GWO (Global Wind Organisation) will launch a Global Wind Industry Training Records Database.
The database goes by the acronym – WINDA.
WINDA is designed with the primary purpose of verifying the certification status of GWO Certified Training Providers and the training status of Delegates who have attended GWO certified training courses.
WINDA offers numerous benefits :
- It will Virtually eliminate the risk of fraud from non-certified Training Providers
- It will Increase trust in competence records and validity of Training Provider’s certification status
- It will Reduce compliance costs by avoiding repeated employee / contractor verification checks
WINDA operates under three user profiles:
- Training Providers must upload records of Delegates.
- Employers can look up and verify the training status of Delegates.
- Delegates can access personal verified information on the status and validity of
their completed training – proving their training validity to current and future employers.
Therefore, after October 17th 2016, All Delegates who wish to complete a training module at a GWO certified Training Provider must have a WINDA ID and user profile, and Training Providers will be required to upload their records of training into WINDA.
Delegates who attend a GWO Training course must supply their WINDA ID Number to the Training Provider prior to completing the training. The training will only be accepted under GWO via use of this unique ID.
NB – Under the new system, certificates are no longer required to be generated by the training provider.
Certificates issued prior to 17th October 2016 will still be valid proof of training until the date of expiry.
For more information on the new WINDA database, please visit
The above extracts were taken from www.globalwindsafety.org/gwo